Phrasal verbs. Make, set
Make
- Make after – Perseguir.
She made after the bus but could not reach. - Make for – Resultar o facilitar.
The power steering makes for easier parking. - Make off with – Escapar.
The thief made off with a valuable necklace. - Make out – Pretender.
Tim made out that he hadn’t seen the No Smoking sign. - Make out – Ver o entender.
I couldn’t quite make out what the notice said. - Make someone out – Comprender la conducta de alguien.
Janet is really odd. I can’t make her out. - Make up – Inventar.
I think you made up the whole story! - Make up for – Compensar por algo.
Our success makes up for all the hard times.
- Set about – Comenzar a hacer algo.
We must set about re-organising the office. - Set in – Establecerse en el tiempo.
I think this rain has set in for the day. - Set out – Dar detalles escritos.
This document sets out all the Union demands. - Set out – Preparar.
I’ve set out the refreshments in the hall. - Set out – Comenzar algo.
Sue set out to write a biography but it became a novel. - Set up – Establecer.
An inquiry into the accident has been set up. - Set (up) on – Atacar.
We were set upon by a gang of hooligans
- Obtener enlace
- X
- Correo electrónico
- Otras aplicaciones
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario