Phrasal verbs. Go, bring

 Go

  • Go after – Perseguir.
    She is going after a great job.
  • Go back on – Romper una promesa.
    The management has gone back on its promise.
  • Go in for – Convertir algo en hábito.
    I don’t go in for that kind of thing.
  • Go in for – Entrar en una competición.
    Are you thinking of going in for the race?
  • Go off – Un alimento se pone malo.
    This milk has gone off.
  • Go on – Suceder.
    Something funny is going on.
  • Go round – Ser o tener suficiente.
    There weren’t enough life-jackets to go round.
  • Go through with – Completa una promesa o plan.
    When it came to actually stealing the money, Nora couldn’t go through with it.

  • Bring

    • Bring about – Causar.
      The crisis was brought about by Brenda’s resignation.
    • Bring off – Hacer algo con éxito.
      The team tried for years to win the competition and they finally brought it off.
    • Bring on – Causar una enfermedad.
      Sitting in the damp brought on his rheumatism.
    • Bring on – Causar un problema.
      You have brought this on/upon yourself.
    • Bring round – Influir a alguien hacia tu punto de vista.
      After much discussion, I brought the committee round to my point of view.
    • Bring up – Mencionar.
      I feel I ought to bring up another small matter.


Comentarios

Entradas populares