Pasado continuo

 Pasado contínuo.

Afirmativa: Sujeto + vb to be + vb-ing.

EJ: Sally was watching TV.

You were reading a book.

Negativa: Sujeto + vb to be en negativa + vb-ing.

Ej: Sally wasn’t watching TV.

You weren’t reading a book.

Interrogativa: To be + sujeto + vb-ing?

Was Sally watching TV?

Were you reading a book.

Usos pasado simple + pasado continuo.

Pasado simple Pasado continuo

- Acciones habituales en pasado

EJ: I always went to this place when I was a

child.

- Acciones consecutivas (1 cosa y

después otra)

EJ: I closed the door and I left.

EJ: She finished the book and she closed it.

- Acciones pasadas lejanas que nos

dicen “cuando”

Ej: I watched this film yesterday.

- Acciones ya acabadas en el pasado.

EJ; I broke my leg some years ago. - Acciones NO habituales en el pasado. - Contexto temporal Ej: I was driving my car when I had a car crash. (acción que corta= pasado simple) - Dos paralelas en pasado EJ: I was watching Tv while Anne was reading a book = ocurren a la vez. I was listening to music while I was studying. - Acción progresiva en pasado. Ej: We came back home because It was getting darker.

1.- Sally estaba bailando cuando la música paró.

Sally was dancing when the music stopped.

2.- Tom abrió la nevera y se comió un yogur.

Tom opened the fridge and he ate a yogourt.

Comentarios

Entradas populares